The Local Government Management Agency (LGMA) is a state agency of the Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government established in 2012 to provide a range of services to the Local Government Sector.
The Agency was created through the merger of the Local Government Computer Services Board, Local Government Management Services Board and An Comhairle Leabharlanna.
The LGMA provides a range of services within the context of its statutory remit, in support of co-ordinated and cost effective delivery of Local Government services and policy.
Current Board Membership
- Mr Peter Carey - Chief Executive, Kildare County Council (Chairman of the Board of LGMA)
- Mr Joe MacGrath – Chief Executive, Tipperary County Council (Chairman of the CCMA and the Council of the LGMA)
- Mr Owen Keegan – Chief Executive, Dublin City Council
- Mr Tim Lucey – Chief Executive, Cork County Council
- Mr Tom Enright - Chief Executive, Wexford County Council
- Ms Jackie Maguire - Chief Executive, Meath County Council
- Mr Conn Murray - Chief Executive, Limerick County Council
- Mr Brendan McGrath- Chief Executive, Galway City Council
- Mr Paul Lemass - Assistant Secretary, Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government
- Mr Cormac Clancy - Principal Officer, Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government
- Mr David O’Connor - Ministerial Nominee
Senior Management Team
- Mr Paul Dunne - Chief Executive
- Ms Chris Gavigan – Assistant Chief Executive
- Ms Claire Gilligan – Assistant Chief Executive
- Mr Eamonn Hunt - Assistant Chief Executive
- Ms Anne Monaghan – Board Secretary, Head of Corporate Services
- Mr Fearghal Reidy - Assistant Chief Executive
- Mr Donal Singleton – Assistant Chief Executive
Procedures for Provision of Information to Members of The Oireachtas
The LGMA maintains a dedicated email address for Oireachtas members – Corporate@lgma.ie
Response Times: The LGMA will acknowledge all queries from members of the Oireachtas within three working days. Acknowledgements will include contact details for the official dealing with the query. All queries will be dealt with as quickly as possible, but a response will be issued no later than fifteen working days after the query is received.